PIERRE FABRE GROUP'S PERSONAL INFORMATION POLICY
Thank you for visiting our Website. Ensuring data protection and data security for our customers and users is a top priority for us at Pierre Fabre.
Who are we?
This Website ("Website"), is operated by Pierre Fabre Dermo-Cosmétique, 45 place Abel Gance 92 100 Boulogne (hereinafter "Pierre Fabre" or "We" or "Us") who is the data controller of any personal information which may be collected from you on the Website for the purposes described below.
Information we collect about you
Depending on the services provided by our Website and used by you, your choices and the configuration of your device (especially with regards to cookies and other trackers), Personal Information concerning you (your "Personal Information") collected and processed by Pierre Fabre mainly include:
- In using our Website, you may also voluntarily provide Personal Information which include: your family name, first name, address, email address, phone number, and any personal details required to resolve any requests or complaints.
- When you visit our Website, our server automatically collects certain browser or device-generated information, including but not limited to: your domain; IP address; date, time and duration of your visit; browser type; operating system; and page visits.
Purposes of processing your Personal Information
The following is an overview of our purposes for using your Personal Information and why we need to process it.
Purposes of processing
- Answer your questions sent via the contact form
- Provide you with a better service – for example, finding the closest store to you or point of sale
- Manage and optimise customer relationships including by improving our Website, and our products and services in general
- Unless you object as indicated in the section below "Your rights" and "Cookies", better understand your preferences by analysing your behaviour on our Website and offer you products or services more in line with your interests
- Send you our newsletter
- Carry out statistical analysis
- Notify the relevant authorities about any issues related to the usage of our products
Why we need to process your Personal Information
- Pursuant to the legitimate interests of Pierre Fabre and to serve clients and potential clients and when the processing is necessary in the course of Our daily business activities
- To offer a better service to Our clients/potential clients pursuant to the legitimate interests of Pierre Fabre
- To better respond to the needs of Our clients/potential clients pursuant to the legitimate interests of Pierre Fabre
- To better respond to the needs of Our clients/potential clients pursuant to the legitimate interests of Pierre Fabre
- Your express consent
- Pursuant to the legitimate interests of Pierre Fabre and when the processing is required for the management of Our daily business activities
- Pursuant to our legal obligations
The Personal Information that is indispensable for us to fulfil the purposes that are described above is marked with an asterisk on the various pages of the Website where it is collected. Should you choose not to fill in these mandatory fields, we may not be able to process your requests and/or provide you with the requested products and services. Other Personal Information is purely optional and allows us to know you better and therefore improve our communications and services accordingly. Further information on purposes and the legal basis for specific processing scenarios can be found below.
Personal Information Disclosure and Transfer
We may appoint third party service providers (who will operate under our instructions) to assist us in providing information, products or services to you, in conducting and managing our business, or in managing and improving Our Website. In such a case, those third parties may need to access your Personal Information.
You have the right to obtain details of the transfer mechanism under which your Personal Information is transferred outside of the EEA by contacting us at the following email address: email@example.com.
We will also respond to requests for information where required to do so by law, or when such disclosure is required to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, request from a regulator or any other legal process against us.
Marketing via electronic communication
Where lawful to do so, and subject to your consent where required, we may communicate with you by email to tell you about our products and services. If you wish to opt-out of receiving marketing communications, please use the indicated 'If you no longer wish to receive emails, you can unsubscribe' link provided at the bottom of these ones. You may also contact us at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will then stop sending you our communications.
Retention of your Personal Information
As a general rule, we keep your Personal Information only as long as required to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected.
However, we keep your Personal Information for marketing purposes for three years after the last interaction between us when you are not a customer and as long as we remain in contact with you through our promotional activities when you are a customer, unless you object when you receive one of Our communications.
IP addresses collected for security purposes will not be stored for longer than 12 months.
Finally, the connection logs that are collected, subject to your consent, using cookies and other trackers implemented on our Website, shall be kept in accordance with applicable laws and regulations for a period of time that does not exceed thirteen (13) months. For more details, see the "Cookies" section below.
We may have to keep your Personal Information in an archive beyond the term indicated above to comply with our legal obligations or where required by the applicable statute of limitation, to evidence a right or a contract (e.g. all transactional information is kept for the term of the contract and 5 years after the end of the contract).
Once your Personal Information is no longer necessary for the purposes or archives responding to our legal obligations or statute of limitation, we ensure that they are deleted.
The Website may contain links to third party sites. Since Pierre Fabre does not control nor is responsible for the privacy practices of those websites, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of these third party sites. This policy applies solely to Personal Information collected by our Websites or in the course of our business activities.
Subject to applicable law, you may have the following rights in respect to your Personal Information:
- To obtain a copy of your Personal Information together with information about how and on what basis that Personal Information is processed;
- To rectify inaccurate Personal Information (including the right to have incomplete personal information completed);
- To erase your Personal Information (in limited circumstances, where it is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or processed);
- To restrict the processing of your Personal Information where:
- the accuracy of the Personal Information is contested;
- the processing is unlawful but you object to the erasure of the Personal Information;
- we no longer require the Personal Information but it is still required for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim;
- To request the portability of your Personal Information in machine-readable format to a third party (or to you) when we justify our processing on the basis of your consent or the performance of a contract with you;
- To give general or specific instructions on how your Personal Information should be processed and may be used, after your death;
- To withdraw your consent to our processing of your Personal Information (where that processing is based on your consent) without jeopardising the lawfulness of the processing based on the consent made prior to its withdrawal;
- To object to processing for marketing purpose.
In addition to the above rights, you have the right to object to any processing of your Personal Information justified by the legitimate interest of Pierre Fabre, including profiling (as opposed to your consent, or to perform a contract with you). You also have the right to object to any processing of your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes, including profiling.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority for data protection, the CNIL, 3 Place de Fontenoy - TSA 80715 - 75334 PARIS CEDEX 07 FRANCE.
To exercise these rights, please contact us using the details given below. Please note that we may request proof of identity, and we reserve the right to charge a fee where permitted by law, for instance if your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive. We will endeavour to respond to your request within all applicable time frames.
Types of Cookies we use
Different types of cookies are used for different purposes on our Website, these are known as: strictly necessary cookies, performance cookies, marketing cookies, and functionality cookies. Some cookies may be provided by an external third party to provide additional functionality to our Website and these are included below.
- Strictly necessary cookies: these are cookies that are essential to fulfil an action requested by you, such as identifying you as being logged in. If you prevent these cookies by adjusting your browser settings we cannot guarantee the full functionality of our Website during your visit.
- Performance cookies: these are cookies used to improve our Website, for example for analytics that let us see how our Website is being used and where to make improvements. These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our Website. The information is collected in an anonymous form and includes the number of visitors, where visitors have come from and the websites they have visited.
- Marketing cookies: these cookies are used to deliver adverts relevant to an identified machine or other device (not a named or otherwise identifiable person) which are tailored to interests associated with the website activity tied to that machine or device (e.g., clicked ad banners, visited subpages, keyword searches performed). These cookies are also used to limit the number of times a user sees an advertisement as well as to help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. They may also remember that the Website has been visited from a device and share that information with marketing organisations. The marketing cookies on our Website are operated by third parties with our permission. Marketing cookies are used to monitor the advertising source that a (from which) user was directed towards Our Website from so that we know whether it is worth us investing in that particular advertising source.
- Functionality cookies: these cookies enhance the performance and functionality of Our Website, often as a result of something you’re doing as a user. For instance, we may personalise our content for you or remember your preferences.
- Third Party Social Plugin Sharing Cookies in Connection with Social Plugins: embedding Social Plugins generally allows the plugins’ provider to store cookies. These cookies allow our users to share information with the respective social network but also allow the network operator to identify the user and store information about the usage of the Website by the user in his/her profile.
You may find below the list of Cookies We use on our Website
||Type of cookie
||Name du cookie
||Name of the application
Managing and Deleting Cookies
If you reject cookies, we will not set any further cookies on your device, except the “functional” cookies detailed above (including, unavoidably, a cookie to remember that you do not want any cookies set when you visit the Website).
You should however note that if you choose to remove or reject certain cookies, it will affect certain features or services on our Website.
We have a data protection officer, who can be contacted at the following address: email@example.com
Last modified: 25-05-2018